Declutter Tips

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How I Decided To Unclutter My Life

Click Here To Know How To Get Your Home In Order Immediately In The Easiest Possible Way

                

>>  Download Your Copy Now <<

 

Having returned recently from a trip to Israel I realized that what I wanted in life was really so simple.

My mother in law offered to pay for my sister in law and myself to take a trip to Israel. Well, I certainly wasn't going to say no to that! I have travelled quite extensively, that was - until I married and had children. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and kids but life was simpler way back when. That was when I remembered who I was and before I sort of got lost in the whirl wind of life.

When I was younger I loved to travel, see the world and experience new cultures and world views. Now I had the opportunity to get back on track and renew some of my life goals- one of them being to see as much of the world as possible.

I was deeply moved in so many ways through this trip but at the same time deeply disappointed. I wanted to see for myself where Jesus had walked and let all those Bible stories come to life. Disappointment number one was so many of those places, in reality, where now replaced by over decorated, ornate, dingy, incense filled churches. To make matters worse, at the entrance or exit - or both - there were people asking for collections or entrance fees to get into a place of worship. This was in both Christian and Jewish houses of Worship. In my culture - this is totally unacceptable.

I don't have the space to write down all else that I experienced but what I came away with from this amazing trip was this. Simply my life and especially my faith. True religion is having a relationship with God and not having to impress him with all that gold and incense. It is so true that the best things in life are free. Surely it 's all about what Jesus taught - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your might and love your neighbour as yourself".

Gina Hamlyn has always enjoyed researching and experiencing other cultures.

Labels: , , ,